Thursday, March 25, 2010

Virtual Word Hugs

I love this image.  Have you ever felt totally embraced by words alone?  They say a picture's worth a thousand words--well, this is the effect I'm writing for with my novel Finding Home (of course, not until after I break your heart first).

Update on my word count saga:  I've cut 10,000 words from the first eight chapters.  That's some serious trimming.  I have another 45,000 words to cut before this book is ready for prime-time.  The goal: 90,000 words or less.

8 comments:

Joy said...

Way to go! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to read it in hardcover.

Jo Jo said...

That is a great picture! Love the analogy.

Jo Jo said...

I meant visual!

Elliot Grace said...

...editing is a necessary evil, but those teeth can hurt. Good luck:)

Ronald Rabenold said...

I will be sure to keep up with you on this site!...Great Job; thanks for sharing and Keep Writing..

Lola Sharp said...

It gets easier to rip out entire chapters by their throats.

You must be ruthless. Every word, every sentence, must move the story forward, must be exact, perfect, or die.

I'm a word whore too.

~Lola

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm sure each of you have been there and know how much they mean!

Anonymous said...

Great job toward your goal, Ben! It's all in the doing, and you've got lots of action going on! Thank for commenting on my blog and of course it was fine, and your welcome any time! I really like the title "Finding Home." I look forward to following your journey.
Lynn